Thursday, October 11, 2007

Better late, hey.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Hey everybody! I promised myself I would be more regular with filling you all in, but it's been so crazy here in Sydney!

I'm living in a this kind of villagey place not far from the city called Glebe. It has lots of cafes that are full of people writing in Ernest Hemingway-style notebooks (Simmo you would love it over here!). I really love that I'm getting to know the way of the locals around here, there is a man who dresses like a lady and even a small tribe of Aboriginal people! I'm not sure what specific people they come from, but they seem to speak English pretty well. I asked one of the tribe's female elders at a local tavern if she had any inside knowledge on where I could find some Australian Opals and she replied: "not at the Women's shelter sweetheart." I think I may try the Queen Victoria Building, one of the cities oldest buildings in the heart of the Sydney CBD.

Last weekend we went to the ice bar in Darling Harbour! It's crazy, everything in the bar is made of ice, including the glass you sip your vodka cocktail out of. The cost of $30 included a 20 minute health and safety video, a cocktail and use of cold-resistant jacket and gloves. You're only allowed in the bar for half an hour, as after that the cold gets dangerous...

I don't know what I am doing this weekend, probably do paintball or something! Love to hear from you all.

Love,
James
xox

2 comments:

Tony Curran said...

pretty sure the ice bar is in circular quay................?

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying the increasing use of bold in BCorTM. Pretty soon you'll be able to upgrade to the Use Of Capitals I enjoy so much at iknowyourefromcircumstances.blogspot.com. They make everything seem so much more Significant.

Sincerely,

Patrick White