Sunday, August 26, 2007

Guest Post: Frank Sartor's weekend.

I don't normally write in my diary very much. I always mean to but I usually never even remember to write in it.

Anyway, the weekend has been very great thanks for asking! I didn't have a break at work in the morning, so Jenny (manager on Fridays) let me off at 4:40pm instead of 5:00pm. I decided I wanted to get really drunk because I didn't have to work for the rest of the weekend, so on the way home I bought a Linkin Park CD. I didn't end up getting really drunk on Friday night because I watched some football (Bulldogs vs Storm), and I fell asleep and can't even remember who won!

On Saturday morning I got up and mum drove me to play rugby, it was away so we had to commute all the way to Windsor. On the way there was a ute show happening in the carpark of McDonalds, heaps of burnouts. It kind of made me wish I wasn't still on my Ls! When we got there mum left because it was 8:20am and my match wasn't until 1:00pm, but I'm the designated linesman for 5th grade each week so I usually get there early to have a chat with the referee and see if he has any specific hand signals he would like to run me through. Robbo and Timmy turned up soon after me in a taxi. They were still wearing fancy suits and smelt like Johnnie Walker Red Label. Robbo told me to go and buy him some cigarettes across the road - Benson & Hedges Smooth 25s - I always know now!
The rest of the afternoon was fun. 5ths got up 14-12, and 4ths drew 17 all. I warmed up with 3s, and made sure I stretched my neck really well, cos I was playing second row today. But then, just before the game, Tom Flannery turned up to watch, so Jobsy (captain-coach, 3rd grade OCCRUFC) told him to put on some boots and play. Tom Flannery didn't have any boots so had to borrow mine, which meant I couldn't play. You normally aren't allowed to play unless you train, but he is a more talented line out jumper than me. He has good aerial dexterity. I ran on water and Stinger's kicking tee, my socks got pretty wet because Jobsy was wearing my boots.
Even though I was a bit upset I wasn't allowed to play again, it was alright because Old Christian Colleagues were undefeated in all 5 grades today!
After the game we went to the pub, Marto and Shagger made me scull 4 beers in only 15 minutes so I felt sick. They organised everyone to stand in a circle around me so I couldn't get out and sing that William Tell (na-na-na, na-na-na, na-na-na, na-na etc) until I vomited. After that everyone laughed and went back inside the pub, except Benny (3 MOM points in 2s today) who came back out and helped me up. "You OK Frankie?" He said. "Don't worry mate, they're just mucking around. You're one of the boys now."
It's a good feeling to be one of the boys, like Tiger and Flanners and Robbo and Timmy.

Dad came to pick me up from the pub at about 10:00pm. When I got home I vomited again but only once, then I had a shower and some milo and went to bed.

On Sunday I just played XBOX.

4 comments:

crafternoon said...

yer breakin' my heart!

Tony Curran said...

awwwww holy hell i couldn't make head or tail of how old "frankie" is.

but he was timeless.

Anonymous said...

That may be the sadest and most apt potentially Binny post in blogging history youve moved me to tears pubes..

Anonymous said...

http://lumerkoz.edu I bookmarked this site., http://www.comicspace.com/clomid/ projectd neighbour http://soundcloud.com/propecias missioner http://www.ecometro.com/Community/members/Buy-Tamoxifen.aspx denverzoo http://malgorz.com/members/Buy-Augmentin.aspx gnyc http://www.comicspace.com/cheap_biaxin/ retirees micheal