Monday, March 31, 2008

When The Data Entry Finally Got Too Much.

Kym opened the front door. He was keen for a cup of tea and a heavy portion of peanut butter atop a slice of stale bread. He was a happy man of modest wants.

Searching for the light switch in the living room, he was shocked to notice that James was sitting alone in silence. James was still wearing the same clothes as he had been when Kym had last seen him, just under 24 hours previously.
"Are you okay, buddy?" Kym asked.
"I can't see the screen on my laptop anymore. I think I may have done something to my eyes." James' eyes remained fixated on his switched off computer.
"It's off mate... The battery's probably run out."
"No no, I think that it is something different to what you mean."
"How about I make you some tea?"
"How do you feel about the band The Drones, Kym? Do you think that they are a pretty good band?"
"You know I do."
"Because I think that The Drones are a pretty good band."
"Did you eat today?"
"Stephen has been gone for a few days. Why?"
"I think he's been at work and uni and stuff."
"You're right. I'm going to talk to him tomorrow about this."

No comments: