Tuesday, March 18, 2008

James uses his writing skills to get inside the persona of a 16 year old Muslim girl.

Man, it is so hard to be a Muslim girl at the moment.

For one, I have to live out in the western suburbs which get all hot and gross in the summer - especially because I wear a headscarf ALL the time. My parents are really strict and make me worship everyday, sometimes eight times depending on the state of Mecca!

I go to a school with mostly Muslims but also some normal people.

I feel lucky to live in Australia as there is no war in this country, but sometimes I feel like I don't belong. Like when the Cronulla riots were on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!

Francis Brinley said...

So real! Even better than when I had to get inside the mind of an Irish peasant mother during the days of the potato famine for my A level English exam...

Day 1
"I'm worried about da potatoes, dey're all going green. Seamus is hungry, he's always complainin' about the green potatoes..." I became Mary O'reilly for days.