Sunday, December 17, 2006

working on Sunday...

Seemed like a great idea, it's not like it's Saturday night, I can still go out and sleep in on Sunday morning (which I did).

However, being horribly hung over after Saturday night means that I will feel like this until I get home from work at approximately 6:30am on Monday morning... around 24hours after I got physically removed from the Judgement Bar and sent out into the beautiful Crown Street morning: birds were chirping, the sun was shining people in a new-romantic state of dress were trying to remember where their phone was... so they could call their dealers, and I was having a laugh (not at women, with women).

Nina's birthday (why is it always Nina's birthday?) was good cause for food and longnecks to be consumed. After that we went to The Brag's Christmas party where I made my job sound far more important than it was to the door-list people - "I just didn't think I would need to RSVP... I am James from The Music Network!"

After our group managed to all get in (cool, much?) it wasn't long before I found myself in one of those states where the only thing going through your mind is "how did I get this drunk, I was just making fun of Ng today for falling asleep at dinner last night... And I'm not even Asian!"

At risk of turning this into "holy shit I got drunk last night, it was off the hook, you don't even know!" story, I will end it as I do not have the energy - it took everything I had to muster the energy to read Sam In The City tonight... Lucky I did, it turns out confidence is in and urinating on partners chest's is out.

The night was really summed up when, a touch before 7am I strolled through the door at home to dicover that our house now had a Christmas tree with presents underneath. I wrote a note to my flatmates expressing how impressed I was with the tree.

It read:
Nikki + Gerar(scribble)
You tree so beaatiful I wanted ta cry
- Here I signed some kind of name, I couldn't read it but I'm pretty sure the word "wanker" was in there.

No comments: